Let Us Clear Our Throats

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Music from the O.C.

Since I haven't listened to any 'new' music this past week I'm just going to list some of my favorite songs from the O.C. mixes. I've only watched about 15 minutes of the show and wasn't that impressed. I have however, listened to all the soundtracks and loved them.
They even have a whole website dedicated to the mixes. Check it out for clips of the music and links to some of the band's websites.
Some of my faves:
(excluding artists and songs mentioned in previous posts)
From Mix 1

The way we get by: Spoon

Dice: Finley Quaye and William Orbit

We use to be friends: Dandy Warhols




From Mix 2:

You got me all wrong: Dios Malos

So Sweet: Jonathon Rice

Hello Sunshine: Super Furry Animals




From Mix 4 (skipped 3 because its a holiday mix):

To be alone with you: Surjan Stevens

Hardcore Days and Softcore Nights: Aqueduct
(if for nothing else just the cool title)

Fortress: Pinback


From Mix 5:

Forever Young: Youth Group

Daft Punk is Playing at My House: LCD Soundsystem

Kids with Guns: Gorillaz



So there ya go, a few of my favorites.
Of course the mixes have a bunch of artists I've mentioned before that you gotta listen to:
Stars, Subways, Shout out Louds, Jonathan Arthur, Imogen Heap, Death Cab for Cutie, The Perishers and Keane.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home