Let Us Clear Our Throats

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You've got Text!



Cute story about a 'relationship' through text message:

R We D8ting?

Some of the highlights:
"I like text messages. They fill an ever-narrowing gap in modern communication tools, combining the immediacy of a phone call with the convenience of an answering machine message and the premeditation of e-mail."

I'm a huge fan of the text. Convenient way to get in touch if you can't call (work, class, crowded place) or need to get across a short quick message, fake a kidnapping , recruit college athletes, prepare for the SATs or like in the article, a fast fun e-flirt. But also great for getting in touch with people you don't want to necessarily have voice to voice contact with. (The friend you have/want to cancel on but don't wanna have to verbalize your excuses. The guy you met at the bar last night but never want to see again. The person whose phone calls always result in agonizing silences and awkward moments)

"Google failed me. One time, armed with only a guy's first name and the fact that he sold sneakers, I had found his full details and photos online. But all I had here was a cellphone number and initials, and Friendster, MySpace and Technorati - the entire digital detective squad of the modern dater - were stumped."

How true is this guys? You all know you've done it. Met someone, googled them and of course looked them up on myspace, friendster, or thefacebook. And those who know me, have to know of my amazing stalker, I mean detective skills. I've found the person that sat next to me on the bus up to NY, the girl that liked amol, guys I've met out, and other people friends have liked. Scary? No way! Too much time on my hands? Perhaps. Curiosity? Definitely.

Read the article for a chuckle and remember, Practice Safe Text :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home